They say social graces are having a comeback. I say they never left but have been dormant in their use.
This is part of a series I call: Common Sense…Uncommonly Practiced.
I find when I do them, I not only stand out, but feel more connected to my community around me and as a result, SPARKLE.
1) Say please when asking for something, it only takes one word, yet means a world of difference to someone else.
2) If you’re opening a door for someone and there’s a few other people behind them, keep it open, whether it’s a man or a woman. They really appreciate it.
3) Say hello in an elevator. No big conversation, it’s about recognizing the human being next do you. Makes you feel more connected in the world.
4) When you network, find something GENUINE to compliment the person on. It could be a tie, a dress, a piece of jewelry or if someone uses a great word
or has a terrific voice. People will appreciate it, and it offsets any nervousness on your part.
5) If somebody does something nice, write them a HANDWRITTEN card. Nobody gets any mail anymore and a personal note of thanks takes much more thought than an email.
The Courage to SPARKLE is about standing out, reflecting the light of who you are, and celebrating your multi-faceted self. It’s the little things in life, that make the biggest difference. I find that when I’m having a tough day, I just do a few “little” things and I go from Dimmers to Shimmers.
What are some of the Common Sense…Uncommonly Practiced things you do to reconnect you with your SPARKLE?
I’d love to hear them.